Envision AESC is the world’s leading battery technology company and lithium-ion battery manufacturer with battery plants in Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States, and China. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of France's highest profile manufacturing plants as Envision AESC is building a new battery manufacturing plant in Douai, Hauts-de-France to support its business growth in Europe. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most exciting, large-scale industrial developments in many years, where new and emerging technologies will be adopted in support of the rapidly growing electric vehicle marketplace.
The Process Engineer is a professional position that is responsible for safe, proper, and efficient operation and maintenance of all plant equipment at the Envision AESC Battery Plant production facility in Douai. We are seeking multiple Process Engineers who will be responsible for maintaining plant efficiencies, engineering, and procurement of efficiency monitoring equipment. Work with the maintenance department to recommend preventative maintenance on plant equipment. In addition, work across the organization to foster continuous improvement for long-term success.
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Maintenance and Quality to identify opportunities to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery and cost
- Monitor plant efficiencies and makes recommendations to operations site management if plant processes require adjustments. Analyzes data on the process to troubleshoot process issues and maximize plant performance
- Respond to operating needs. Provide a leading role for plant and equipment performance evaluation; optimizing resource use and maximize reliable power generation
- Write clear and accurate equipment and process procedures for manufacturing employee
- Responsible for process sheet development for assigned area
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities
- Leads equipment acquisition or modifications to support new model launches
- Provides engineering representation for cross-functional activities involving other disciplines such as Facilities and Controls, etc.
- Demonstrates data driven problem solving methodology and can effectively present work to all levels of management
- Conducts regular safety and process audits
Background and requirements
- Context and requirements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (industrial, electrical, mechanical or chemical engineering)
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing plant. Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience an asset
- A good understanding of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), problem solving techniques and process control management for resolving quality and throughput issues.
- High level of applicable technical skills with AutoCAD, Inventor, statistics, basic engineering principles and reporting on automotive equipment or Tier 1 supplier technical experience an asset.
- Ability to quickly acquire a working knowledge of lithium-ion batteries.
- Experience with new models and equipment design, installation and commissioning
- Design, construction and commissioning of a new plant, an asset
- Ability to apply technical math skills to solve real-world problems.
- Experience working and leading a team across cultural and disciplinary boundaries
- Fluency in French and English.
- Time Management
- Ability to work cross finctionally in a multi-cultural organization