CAPEX Purshasing manager
AESC is currently seeking a highly skilled CAPEX Contract Manager to join our team for a significant Engineering-Procurement-Construction project. This project involves the construction of large-scale production lines that have never been built before, with the goal of achieving cell production volume at an unprecedented scale. Our work environment is fast-paced and highly exhilarating.
We are looking for individuals with exceptional talent who are passionate about advancing energy sustainability. As a CAPEX Purchasing Manager, you will play a crucial role in procuring the necessary equipment and materials for the project. We value candidates who are eager to tackle difficult problems, push the limits of what is possible, and prioritize team success beyond their own achievements. Additionally, we require an unwavering positive attitude towards sustained hard work.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to contribute to the expansion of our product portfolio and make a significant impact in advancing energy sustainability.
• Develop equipment purchasing strategy for construction phase
• Develop bulks purchasing strategy for Project Director approval
• Draft purchase and material management plan
• Stress test contractor purchase strategy against best-practice (e.g., low-cost purchasing, standardized specifications)
• Implementing Worldwide/Regional/Country agreements, as necessary, to consolidate suppliers/spend.
• Develop plan to ensure timely delivery of all items, especially long-lead and critical path items
• Work with freight forwarder to ensure all key export/import/transient documents/permits are in place and correct
• Provide input to cost estimator/cost control regarding freight
• Organize detailed delivery of all key items if not being handled by contractor
• Monitor and report delivery of all items to ensure none become critical, especially long-lead and critical path
• Support/Lead a strategic sourcing approval process.
• Expedite all vendors that are falling behind on either drawing or equipment delivery
• Work on “Lean” initiatives and identify other sourcing efficiencies via benchmarking, VA/VE (Value Analysis/ Value Engineering), competitive quotes and resourcing.
• Negotiate, evaluate, and issue PO’s (Purchase Order) and Work Orders for construction commodities.
• Identify all potential vendors
• Identify or gather list of critical-path items
• Maintain and pre-qualify vendors from a financial health point of view (Envision legal/procurement department) and maintain AVL (Approved Vendor List) for project
• Interface with central procurement (where relevant) to ensure effective purchasing strategy and use of low-cost contracts
• Issue RFQ’s (Request for Quotations) and purchase orders
• Support the purchase order closeout process including reconciliation of material receipts, billings, changes, and payments
• Ensuring commodity spend is managed efficiently and effectively and within contract compliance
• Participate in claim resolution
• Prepare commercial bid evaluations and make recommendations to the Project Director
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Graduate studies in project management business will be valued
• Have at least 05 years of experience in purchasing, preferably in MEP, Construction or Facilities space, of large industrial construction projects ($100m+ capex)
• Additional experience in project controls or construction management preferred.
• Hi-tech, construction and/or automotive industry experience.
• Strategic Sourcing, Opportunity Analyses, and Contract Negotiations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English, and presentation skills are a must
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power BI.
• Ability to work within a high-performance, cross-functional organization with challenging timelines and goals
• Have an inquisitive and open attitude to exploring new ideas and willingness to continuously learn
• Ability to train and mentor colleagues on best practices for project management and execution
• Driver’s license
What we offer:
• Welcome to our state-of-the-art Gigafactory, where you'll have the opportunity to tackle the world's most fascinating challenges alongside exceptionally talented individuals who are driven to make a difference. At AESC, we offer a comprehensive compensation package, including a competitive salary and a rewarding AESC bonuses program. In addition, we provide a range of valuable benefits, such as a pension program, generous vacation days, employee insurance, and relocation and commuting support. We strive to ensure that our employees are well taken care of, enabling them to focus on their work and contribute to our collective mission of changing the world.